Updated June 7, 2022
Any reference to “You” and “Your” is to you as an individual user of our Services.
Personal information processed in connection with the Services is controlled by STEMM Global Scientific Society, a British limited by guarantee company with office located at International House, 64 Nile Street, London, England, N1 7SR
Any reference to “STEMM Global websites” is to websites available within STEMM.Global
What data do we collect?
STEMM Global collects the following personal data in line with the use purposes explained in a subsequent section:
– Your name and contact details
– Date of birth
– Online profile data/usage
– Emergency contact information (Second contact, e.g. Personal Assistant)
– Social media profile information
– Copies of identification documents
– Education and professional information
– Purchasing and payment information
– Funding application information
– Registration and participation in STEMM Global events and activities
– Subscription preferences
– Information about activities on STEMM Global web-sites
– Cookies on STEMM Global web-sites
– Conference survey responses
– Authentication data
– Location information
– Presentation recordings
– Photo and Video recordings during events
– Author and peer review information
– Other information you upload or provide to us.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide STEMM Global with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our Services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- If you opt-in to receiving subscription communications from us
- When you submit application form for funding call
- When you submit reimbursement or other payment form to us
How will we use your data?
STEMM Global collects your personal information so that we can:
- Process your order and/or other requests for Services. STEMM Global uses personal information such as name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and company/institution to engage in interactions with you, including contacting you about your order, subscription, event participation, or membership. We use financial/credit card/bank account and payment information to process your order/reimbursement/award payment and may need to share some of this information with other third parties to complete the transaction.
- Provide support and/or other services. STEMM Global may use your personal information to provide you with support or any Services that you have ordered or requested. STEMM Global may also use your personal information to respond directly to your requests for information, including registrations for newsletters, webinars, or other specific requests, or pass your contact information to the STEMM Global distributor or reseller for further follow-up to your requests.
- Provide information based on your needs and your requests. STEMM Global may use your personal information to provide you with notices of special offers on the Services, benefits, programs, and opportunities available to you, through STEMM Global membership (Community).
- Select content, facilitate use of the STEMM Global websites and improve quality. STEMM Global may use your personal information to help create and organise website content, improve website quality, track marketing campaigns, assess website response rates, conduct usability testing, and facilitate your use of the STEMM Global websites.
- Serve personalised advertising to you. STEMM Global doesn’t share your information with advertisers without your consent. If you opt-in, STEMM Global will share your data with our advertisers’ partners so that they may offer you their products and services.
- Assess usage of STEMM Global Services. STEMM Global may track your usage of STEMM Global Services to determine your level of usage, and those usage statistics may be made available to STEMM Global’s content licensors and your company/institution.
- Communicate with you about Meeting, Conferences, Events and Activities. We may communicate with you about any meeting, conference, symposium, workshop, webinar, lecture, tutorial hosted or co-hosted by STEMM Global. This may include information about the Conference and/or Activities organisation/logistic, programme schedule, technical content. STEMM Global may contact you after the Conference and/or Activity to request your feedback. Please note that STEMM Global Conference co-sponsors, exhibitors, and other third parties may directly request your personal information at their registration desks and/or conference booth/table, however providing your information to them is optional, and you should review their privacy policies.
- Consider you for a higher member grade or an STEMM Global award. STEMM Global may use your personal information such as your name, education, work history and occupation, and volunteer activities to consider you for a higher member grade or for an STEMM Global award/prize. STEMM Global may need to share this information with your nominators, referees, judges, and other parties involved in evaluating your eligibility.
- Include you in STEMM Global Member Database and Partner Organisations. If you join STEMM Global Society, as a Member, we include your information in the STEMM Global Society Database. We may also enable a private member to member messaging (your email address is never shared) and open to all STEMM Global members online chats and forums within your member directory at the STEMM Global Websites. STEMM Global members can customise their member profiles visibility preferences any time in their member account settings.
- Assist in your participation in STEMM Global Services. STEMM Global will communicate with you if you have agreed to participate/ to be involved in certain STEMM Global Services. STEMM Global may send you information such as newsletters, logistics, and other organizational announcements and reminders related to those Services you have opted in.
- Protect STEMM Global content and services. We may use your information to prevent potentially illegal activities and to enforce our terms and conditions. We also use a variety of technological systems to screen, to detect and to prevent anomalous activities, such as spam.
- Get feedback or input from you. In order to offer Services of most interest to you, we may ask you to provide us with input and feedback through surveys.
- Protect STEMM Global information assets as well as your own personal data. The STEMM Global Information Security Program protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (also known as the CIA triad) of STEMM Global information assets by following a risk assessment management approach based on policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures to meet security objectives.
How do we store your data? What security precautions do we apply?
STEMM Global is committed to protecting the security of your personal data and undertakes the most recent security technologies and procedures to protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. STEMM Global securely stores the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. Transfer of highly confidential data (such as a credit card number or password) over the internet is protected by encryption.
STEMM Global Websites apply security measures to protect you against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. STEMM Global owns and controls a secure server for the transfer of sensitive data to and from STEMM Global Websites. All payment data including your credit card number are encrypted and transferred through our secure web server.
STEMM Global will keep your personal data for as long as necessary to provide relevant Services and fulfil the purchase/requests of Services you have ordered/applied for.
STEMM Global would like to send you information about our Services that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. You can opt-out to receive marketing by email or by post at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of an email sent by us or contacting us at [email protected]
What are your data protection rights?
STEMM Global would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. You are entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request STEMM Global for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to control – You can control the information we have about you and how we use it in several ways:
- If you are a registered user, you can review, revise, and correct the personal data that you have provided to STEMM Global via your personal member directory on the STEMM Global Websites.
- Use the unsubscribe method provided in our various communications.
- Contacting us at [email protected]
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that STEMM Global correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request STEMM Global to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that STEMM Global erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that STEMM Global restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to STEMM Global’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that STEMM Global transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: [email protected]
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are electronic placeholders that are placed on your device by websites to collect and track your individual movements on that website over time, and visitor behaviour information. When you visit STEMM Global websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
STEMM Global collects data from both session-based cookies and persistent cookies. The collected data from cookies enable us:
- to recognise returned users (your preferences and settings),
- to facilitate the user’s access to and use of our websites (enable you to sign in),
- to improve our websites and online services (feedback on how our websites and online services are performing),
- to provide you with interest-based advertising,
- to track your individual movements in order to balance the usage of our websites on all STEMM Global web servers.
Tracking cookies, third-party cookies, and other technologies such as web beacons may be used to process additional information, enable non-core functionalities on our websites and enable third-party functions (e.g. “share” link).
What types of cookies do we use?
- Essential Website Cookies – These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our web sites.
- Performance and Functionality Cookies – STEMM Global uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics and Customisation Cookies – we collect this information to help us understand how our websites are being used by you, how effective our marketing campaigns are, and to help us customise our websites and applications in order to improve your experience. These cookies may be set by us or by third parties whose services are added to our web sites.
- Advertising – STEMM Global uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. STEMM Global sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
- Other tracking technologies – STEMM Global may also include web beacons and other similar technology in promotional email messages to determine whether the messages have been opened.
How to manage cookies
You have a variety of tools to control cookies and similar technologies. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and to opt-out of data collection through web beacons and similar technologies by some third-party analytics service providers. However, some of our website features may not function as a result and may impact your experiences with our Services.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: [email protected]